We are very lucky to have a very small core team of helpers – please do join us in any small way to raise the profile of the event, raise money and help on the day. How can YOU help?
- Include details on any newsletters or emails you send between now and the end of December
- Drum up a team at work, or at a local group
- Join a test jump in early December
- Organise a cake making team for cakes to sell on the day
- Offer a prize of free family ticket to either just attend or jump in as well! (this could be part of a raffle, lucky dip etc – perfect for school Christmas fairs!)
- Put up posters in windows, on notice boards
- Think of any high profile contacts and invite them along. Anyone know Tom Daly?
- Volunteer to help on the day (bring your other half, your dad, anyone welcome!)
- On the day tasks include: setting up the morning of the event, signing people in and door duties, photography, children’s crafts, music/band coordination, selling postcards, serving hot drinks, food and cakes, emptying bins and cleaning, jumping up and down and cheering, clearing up and then collapsing in a heap.
We’d really love to encourage sports groups to get involved and have a team – netball, hockey, football….And schools, would be lovely to have groups of friends joining in.
As usual, Atlas Translations will be putting printed materials together and covering some advance costs – all money from ticket sales will be split between the charities. Not just profit, but everything except the event website fees. Plus all money taken on the day – tickets, food, and anything else!
We are very actively encouraging plungers to raise money themselves to do the plunge. So once they have their ticket, they can choose a charity to support and we can set up a page for them if they’d like us to. You will no doubt want to encourage your supporters to fund-raise in this way for your favourite charity! (Clearly we’ll be encouraging you to choose one of our charities)!
If you can think of anything else that we can do, let me know.