You can look forward to two lifeguards, plenty of hot drinks and cakes, musical entertainment, a raffle and spectators to cheer the plucky plungers on – and a bustling bar. It’s the perfect New Year’s Day!
Will you be joining the 400+ plucky plungers? Why not jump in fancy dress? Or will you be a supportive spectator helping to cheer them on?
How to plunge
- First, you will need to book a ticket. Your ticket will cover a particular time slot.
- Tell your friends you are plunging! Download our digital badges to use online. Share on social media, invite them to plunge with you, or to come and watch or take a video – and hold your towel!
- Why not be sponsored to plunge? You could raise even more money for charity. You can create a sponsorship page to raise funds for Earthworks on Virgin Money Giving here.
- All plungers must bring swimwear and towels. Fancy dress is most welcome and could win you a prize!
- One, two, three… PLUNGE!
- After your plunge, warm up! There is a hot shower. We recommend a hat and warm socks to put on after your plunge, to warmed up again as quickly as possible. Think FEET and HEAD afterwards.
All plungers receive a cosy hat, a hot shower and a hot chocolate with (or without) marshmallows, and a goodie bag, .
Don’t forget to post your plunge on social media: #plungestalbans
Can I wear fancy dress?
Fancy dress costumes are welcome – past plungers have included a penguin, some Santas, a troupe of snowman, a giraffe, Banana Man, a ghostbuster, Baywatch characters and even Buzz Lightyear.
How far do I have to swim?
Most people just jump in and straight out, if you prefer you can stay in a little longer for a refreshing swim.
What if I don’t want to jump in? ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE
We have had requests from people who were willing to do a polar ice bucket challenge rather than leaping in the pool. That’s fine with us! So yes, you can do this, tickets are available as ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE.
How much is it?
Book before 30 November to secure an Early Bear ticket for just £12!
Adult plunger £18 (after 30 November)
Child plunger £5
Adult spectator £8
Child spectators free
Family ticket of plungers (covers up to two adults and your children) £38
Can I turn up without booking?
If you turn up without booking, we can not guarantee admittance on the day, as the event is very popular and there are restrictions on numbers at the venue.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Any plungers must be confident swimmers. No babies, and recommended minimum age is 6 years. Dry suits can be used!
So what are you waiting for? Book now!