Take part in St Albans’ sixth Polar Bear Plunge – with a socially-distanced difference!
What is the Polar Bear Plunge?
The famous Polar Bear Plunge usually sees families, workmates and sports teams – many in fancy dress – taking a dip in the icy outdoor pool of the St Albans Sub Aqua Club – all for charity.
Is the Plunge still going ahead?
This year, we can’t plunge into our icy pool, but we can still Plunge at home! Please take part in our Polar Bear Plunge SUSTAINABLE ICY BUCKET CHALLENGE at home and on social media to help keep the Plunge spirit alive!
Fancy dress is warmly welcomed – you might win a prize! Past plungers have included penguins and elves, a stormtrooper, a hotdog and ketchup, hippies and pirates, a family of rainbows and the pubs of St Albans.
This is a Sustainable Challenge!
In keeping with Earthworks’ principles of sustainability, and to offset the water usage of the event, those taking part are asked to forego a shower on a day of their choice…
How to take part
- Dust off your best fancy dress…
- Donate £5 to the Polar Bear Plunge at www.virginmoneygiving.com/PolarBearPlunge
- As we can’t jump into our icy pool, instead, in the Christmas holidays or on New Year’s Day, film or photograph yourselves with the icy water poured over or thrown at you! Don’t forget to say you’ve donated, and nominate your friends to take part.
- Post the photos or videos of your challenge online with the hashtag #plungestalbans or send to: email@example.com We will repost your photos and videos on our social media accounts. If you post on Instagram, don’t forget to use the Instagram nominate button to nominate your friends!
- Why not download our social media badges – use these to nominate friends or tell the world you’re a Polar Bear Plunge Sustainable Ice Bucket Challenge survivor!
- Forego a shower on a day of your choice.
Why not be sponsored to plunge? You could raise even more money for charity. You can also create a sponsorship page to raise funds for our charities here.
Please follow current Covid-19 restrictions and guidelines.
All proceeds go to local charities. Learn more about our charities here.